Friday, December 12, 2014

Abroad Chronicles, V: CHESTER

Unfortunately, Chester is my least favorite place I've been so far - and it was still a great city! Perhaps not worth an entire day trip, but I'm glad I went and saw what I did and got to experience the history of it all. Also, traveling there and back was awful, and our second train home was packed with Stoke-on-Trent football fans drunkenly singing, chanting and shouting. What a horrible, horrible experience that was.

In Chester, we went to the Cathedral, explored the city centre, and took a walk around the city walls, which were cool enough and provided a great view of the city and surrounding areas. I think the Cathedral was my favorite part, and I think that seeing old churches will continue to be one of my favorite things about traveling through Europe.
Bowling Green Hotel
Chester Cathedral + gardens
inside the Chester Cathedral
View of the Cathedral from the lecturn 
About me?
Some forbidden gardens, photo taken through slats in a window
The Cathedral had an exhibit dedicated to C.S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
After taking this photo, a person in one of the houses waved at me 
Seen on the walk around the city walls




I hope you enjoy these photos! It was a beautiful (if brisk) day to explore this old city.


0 comments:

Post a Comment