Tuesday, June 4, 2013

summer project

Yesterday, my aunt Mary asked if I would go through my uncle Pat's old files of book reviews and create a book list for our family and beyond and I'm excited to have a project this summer that doesn't involve me throwing out clothes I won't wear but am sentimentally attached to. My mom talked about her book club and I want to form my own, to designate one evening a month (at minimum) to discuss books and all the facets that make them up. 

LUCKILY, I've got this here BLOG to do just that. To read a book at whatever speed I desire and to talk about what I liked and what I didn't like (and English major-y things like AESTHETICS and THEME and NARRATIVE STRUCTURE which none of my friends truthfully care to hear about) and so emerges my summer project!!!

!!!!!!!! BOOKS !!!!!!!!

I'm going to at the end of this all (if it pans out) create a list of books, an anthology of sorts, from my own collection (what I've read) and what my uncle Pat accrued (what I might read? we'll see).

BOOK ONE:

I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak (author of The Book Thief)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great summer project hun! The Messenger has been on my to-read list for ages and I need to finally sit down and read it! :))

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete